Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cinema in the Park

Note to self: You can't really handle seeing a "thriller" movie late at night in a park.  It makes you scared to get out of the car when you get back to your apartment.

Explanation: Last night, I went with two friends to see State of Play, a recent Ben Affleck/Russel Crowe/Rachel McAdams movie.  The movie was pretty good.  It was a little cookie-cutter, like the whole time we knew a big twist was coming, we just couldn't be sure what.  Definitely worth a watch though if you enjoy politically-charged thillers.  In fact, there were only two small downsides to this outing. 

1. Most movies that are shown late at night in parks are happy.  In fact, the entire summer, this is the only movie showing that is rated PG-13.  Most of them are things like How to Train Your Dragon.  This movie, however, was definitely not happy.  There were creepy guys with guns, drug deals in dark alleys, you get the picture.  Not exactly uplifting.  In fact, kind of scary.  This left me jittery the rest of the night.  Luckily, I live in a safe, well-lit area.  If not, I might have spent the night in my car.

2. It was frigid last night.  Flip flops and a light sweater were a terrible idea.  Next time, I'm taking Uggs and my winter coat.

Other than that, my days have been pretty normal.  Tomorrow, things will get a little crazy because I'm heading to sunny South Carolina for a long 4th of July weekend. 

In case I don't get a chance to access internet before - HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!  AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMY (she shares her bday with the US of A!)

Brittany

1 comment: