Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nerd-Alert!

This past weekend when I made my journey to Cedar Point, I decided that I actually needed a book-on-tape and picked one up at the library.  (I'm telling, they make drives sooo much better!)

The b-o-t that I checked out is called Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult who's most famous book is probably My Sister's Keeper.  Without looking at the b-o-t, I checked it out from the Carnegie Library and planned to start it on my car trip.  Bright and early Saturday morning, I opened the b-o-t case and discovered that there are SEVENTEEN CD's to the freaking thing.  I then, for the first time, flipped over the case and discovered that the total run-time is TWENTY-ONE HOURS.  Seriously!  So on my 6-hour trip, I only got through 4 CDs.  The bad thing is that the book is really good, like if it were a written book, I would be reading it constantly.  It's not a written book, though, and I also haven't had to use my car at all this entire week.  As a result, I have started listening to the b-o-t in my apartment. On my DVD player.  All the time.  It's kind of like I would imagine listening to the radio would have been before TV existed, except that TV does exist and there is not a single reason to actually listen to a b-o-t on a DVD player.

Countdown to my trip home: 2 days

Countdown to the start of medical school: 11 days

Where has summer gone?!

<3, Britt

1 comment:

  1. Books on tape are AMAZING!!!

    You should check out "Bloody Jack" by L.A. Meyer (no relation to Stephanie) and "The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Mysterious Howling" by Maryrose Wood on audiobook too :) They're FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete