Thursday, July 22, 2010

The world we live in

Two really incredible shifts happened this week that I'd like to share.

1) China has overtaken the US as the leading consumer of power.  This seems scary to me.

2) There are now more electronic books sold on Amazon than actual cover-pages-cover books.  This seems sad to me.

Personally, I think that both of those shifts speak volumes about the way in which our world is changing.

In local "Britt Goes to Pitt" news, my efforts to watch AFI's top 100 movies continue, and I can now cross Casablanca and Singing in the Rain off of my list.  I'm trying to get a hold of the number one movie of all time, Citizen Kane, but it's checked out at the library. 

I also will make a triumphant return to hot yoga tonight.  To prep, I have been drinking water all day.  Bring on the sweat!


Britt

1 comment:

  1. Of course China has taken over, when you have 1 billion people turning on lights and air conditioiners it's bound to happen. 300 million people (no matter how many laptops/cellphones/computers/tvs/whatevers) we have, really cannot compare to such things. Especially since we have so many energy saving measures :) the goal is to minimize, let them consume more power. :) no worries, I keep you safe!

    ReplyDelete