Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm a pancake-flat girl in a mountain-filled world

There are a LOT of hills in Pittsburgh.  I come from Columbus, it's only 3 hours away and it is flat.  Therefore, I did not mentally prepare for the hills.  I had to walk up a hill to get to one of the hospital buildings and legitimately needed a break halfway up.  This is something that I will need to get used to I suppose.  I just keep telling myself that my calves will look amazing.  I also keep thanking goodness that I can ride city buses for free and don't need to worry about driving on slippery, icy hills.  If that was the case, I would likely become a shut-in.

Bonus of the day: work got exciting!  I spent every day last week waiting for cells to grow, which is essentially like watching a pot of water boil, except it does not take a pot of water 72 hours to boil.  Today, though, I got to actually do things with cells.  I'll save some of the boring details for another day.

Here are two pictures of the day:


This is my new living room.  Take special note of the picture above the cream-colored chair.  That is the painting from Venice that I finally was able to frame.  Almost everything (with the exception of the coffee and side tables) is newly purchased and assembled by the father-mother-daughter O'Neill team.


This picture is my dining room.  This frame was too small for my painting originally, but now holds my awesome new artwork! (Sans glass of course, but you win some and lose some...)

More stories to come.  Tomorrow, I plan to get myself a Carnegie Library card!  

Until then,
Brittany

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you rearranged things! What happened to the other pair of curtains? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I didn't want to put them up because they'd completely block my window AC unit and probably get all disgusting - I'll put them up once I decide not to run the AC full time!

    ReplyDelete