Sunday, June 20, 2010

Every girl's dream

My apologies for my brief hiatus from the blogging world! I spent this weekend away from my apartment and computer while at my roommate Sam's sister's wedding. (I realize that "roommate" might be confusing because I'm currently living alone in Pittsburgh, but I really mean "roommate from Ohio State." ) Sam and her family live in Pittsburgh, which has been awesome for a number of reasons. 1) I got to go over to her house for dinner last week. 2) Her mom can keep a spare key in case I get locked out. 3) The wedding was close! In fact, my other roommates Darci and Amanda came out for the wedding and got to make a pit stop to see my new place. Luckily, I got their stamp of approval; them seemed to like both the place and the neighborhood.

Additionally, the wedding itself was great - the food (especially the crab cakes and bruschetta) was incredible. At one point, Darci called me out for stalking the lady with the hor dourves tray.

On Friday before I left to go to wedding, I went to work which actually meant I went to the restaurant Claddagh with my co-workers to watch the USA-Slovenia soccer game and celebrate a co-worker's birthday. Of the World Cup games that I have seen so far this year, this one qualifies both as most exciting and most frustrating. For those who missed the game, the USA had come back from a 0-2 deficit to tie it 2-2. Then, they scored another goal on a free kick only to have it wrongfully called back as offsides. Regardless, it was fun to go out with my co-workers. The restaurant is in a cool area called South Side Works (similar to Columbus's Easton or Cleveland's Legacy Village) that is directly across the Monongahela River from work. I'll definitely be visiting it throughout the summer!

You might be curious about where the title of this blog post fits in - here it is, the picture of the day:






This is my closet! More specifically, this is one of my five closets! Even I, who arguably has too many clothes and accessories, do not come close to filling them all. In fact, my dad dubbed one closet the "space heater closet" because my space heater is the only thing in it!

Until tomorrow,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. How about a thanks mom for hanging my clothes and color coordinating them! :)

    ReplyDelete