Thursday, June 17, 2010

Frame-tastrophe averted

So it seems as soon as I solve one crisis, another one arises. First, I'll start with the solved issue: my too-small picture frame and broken glass. Well, the broken glass aspect issue of my problem was an easy fix; I took it out to the dumpster this morning. Then, I got out of work early again today (early as in 1:45 or so) and decided to head back to IKEA. My mission was two-fold. Part 1 - get a proper-sized frame. Part 2 - get something cheap to put in the reject frame. Well, luckily, both aspects of my mission were a giant success. I found the correct frame and a really cool picture (for $9!) to put in my previously unusable because I-need-to-learn-to-measure-before-purchasing frame. Pictures of my pictures (does that even make sense?) will be posted soon!

In the realm of newly generated catastrophes, the stupid plastic ID holder that I got for free with my ID broke, and I subsequently lost said ID. This is especially frustrating because as I was sitting there getting my picture taken for the ID, thinking "Crap! I wore my hair in a bun!" I did notice a sign for those cool ID gadgets that are best described as retractable lanyards. I thought about getting one to proudly display my new IDs, but decided it wasn't worth the $3. Well, now after having the cheap-o model fail on me, I regret my decision.

There are two semi-upsides to this story. Number 1 - I get a new picture on my ID. Number 2 - It's not going to be difficult to get it replaced.

To add more positivity to this post, I had a FANTASTIC dinner with a group of second year med students, including a girl I stayed with during the application process. We went to a delicious Thai restaurant and sat in an outdoor area that looked like the Asian version of the secret garden!

OK - bedtime!

B

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Brittany Lynniekins,

    I am so proud of you for solving your frame dilemma!! I knew you were destined to be a doctor, you're just so resourceful! By the way, I miss you a lot and we're going to have to have a chat.. probs tomorrow. :)

    Love,

    Amy Lynniekins

    ReplyDelete