Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Is that kid dressed up like alcohol dehydrogenase?"

To kick off this post: I passed biochem!!  The best consequence of passing is that biochem is now behind me and I am deep into the world of genetics.  Finally, I am studying a subject that I know things about and really enjoy. Woo-hoo :-)

To celebrate surviving the biochem exam, I had a group of my med school girl friends over for a yummy dinner of chicken and stuffing (I know how to use a crockpot!)  Then, we all got dressed up for a med school Halloween bash at a fellow student's house.  Some of my favorite costumes:

1. A group of Chilean miners
2. Alcohol dehydrogenase (an enzyme important in fuel metabolism)
3. A postal worker complete with a stuffed dog attached to the back of the leg
4. "Peer pressure"
5. Rubix cube
6. Genie from Aladdin 
7. Barbie
8. An Indian "Where's Waldo?"

This weekend included another fabulous trip home.  I've decided to create a vacant position for a "Columbus-based personal assistant."  I have so many wonderful people to visit in Columbus, that I always try to figure out creative ways to fit everyone in.  If you would like the job, let me know :-)

On Friday, I drove straight to Andrew's apartment to hang out.  We played Dr. Mario for Super Nintendo (old school, I know).  Andrew beat me and proceeded to say, "Brittany, you may be med school, but I'm only doctor in the room right now."

Next, I got dinner with my old roomies at Cap City Diner.  We did what we ALWAYS do and all embarrassingly ordered the exact same thing.  Once at Cazuela's, a Mexican place up by campus, six of ordered the Chimichangas Supremas.  Ridiculous.

Friday night I also made it to a Halloween party with a bunch of high school friends.  Andrew was dressed as Antoine Dodson (google him if you don't recognize the name - you won't be sorry!)

Part two of the weekend, entitled "Amy comes home. Brittany is happy" will be posted ASAP!

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment