Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Amy comes home. Brittany is happy.

My best friend Amy lives in L.A.  I live in Pittsburgh.  Once, I actually google-mapped how long it would take to walk from Pittsburgh to L.A., and google told me around 33 days.  This is extremely unfortunate because back in high school, when Amy and I lived a backyard apart, the distance was considerably more manageable.

Following her move to L.A., we went a grueling 4 months without seeing each other - the longest we've ever gone.  Imagine my excitement when she made a triumphant return to the Buckeye State and our drought was over!!

No Amy-Brittany reunion would be complete with out a trip to the mall.  Literally we just walked around Easton for hours.  I bought one thing (A Christmas present!) in three hours.  All who know my ability to shop (I'm talking to you, Mom), should be very proud of my restraint.  Afterward, we reconnected with our roots and cheered on the Pickerington North Marching Panther Band at state band contest.  The band show was amazing (no surprise there!), and they played Rhapsody in Blue, which was one of  my personal favorites to play when I was in high school.

I think that the weekend turned into some kind of "timeline of my life" because our next was OSU for a Halloween party.  The best part of the party was easily a group of guys that all dressed like traffic cones and literally stopped a car in the middle of the street.  I stole a pic from Amy's blog.


She walked into the street to capture this picture as people were yelling, "Cones! Mobilize!"  To be honest, it really made me miss undergrad.

Seeing the marching band and visiting campus, I think Amy and I both realized how weird it feels that it we now not just past the high school phase of life, but we are also past the next one.  We're mostly grown-ups and to deal with things like the real world/med school.  It's a lot easier making those transitions when you have fabulous friends to support you :-)

Until tomorrow,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. I know you posted this a while ago, but I failed at blogging for a while and this just made me really happy and I wanted to tell you :)

    ReplyDelete