Friday, August 6, 2010

This Could Only Happen to Me....

Yesterday, I was planning to work primarily from my apartment.  I'm essentially done with lab work, but I need to finish up some write-ups and I need to get some forms filled out for medical school orientation.  I was working on all of that from home when I got a call from one of the rotation students in my lab.  Here's how the conversation went:

Him: Hey Brittany, are you coming in for the lab picture today?
Me: Um, what picture?
Him: The lab picture at 1:30
Me: (Looks at clock, it is 1:12 and I have wet hair and am wearing sweat pants) I don't think I can make it by 1:30
Him: Well, the boss wants everyone it, so pretty yourself up and get here as soon as possible.

I tore through my apartment, threw on some clothes, slapped on some make-up, and headed out of the door.

While I was driving there, I was innocently sitting in a right turn lane at a red light, when a lady side swiped my car!  I didn't even realize what was happening until my side-view mirror popped inward (they're collapsible, thank goodness), and I laid on my horn.  The lady said there was another driver she was trying to avoid when she hit me, but I wasn't really aware of what was going on to my left.  Luckily, there was no obvious damage to my car (my dad is going to look at this weekend to make sure).  We exchanged info, and I still made it work in time to have my picture taken!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Pittsburgh drivers are so nutso... I'm glad you're okay AND that you got your picture taken :)

    ReplyDelete