Friday, August 13, 2010

Not So Glamorous (Yet)

So far, medical school hasn't been what one might picture.  This is mostly due to the fact that I'm only technically in orientation right now.  Instead of learning about the human body or working on medical interviewing, I've been spending my days sitting in a lecture hall listening to financial aid or honor code presentations or engaging in diversity training.  While I recognize that most of it is necessary, this set-up doesn't really create any exciting medical moments for me to share.

My evenings have been devoted to 1) napping, primarily because I have had to wake up at 6:00 on multiple occasions this week; 2) social events, such as last night's dinner cruise on Pittsburgh's three rivers; 3) wrapping up work in my lab.

Tomorrow night our social event is a night out at the Hofbrahaus, which I am eagerly anticipating.  On Sunday, I'm going whitewater rafting with a group of 40 or so students, which I am even more eagerly anticipating.

I promise that when exciting, doctor-related things start happening, my updates will become more exciting.  For now though, this is all I've got.

Signing off from the 'burgh,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment