Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pittsburgh's Piece of Buckeye Nation

Andrew was in this weekend, which means that I have more to say in this post than "I studied anatomy." Yay!

We kicked off the weekend with a trip to Mineo's - the pizza place we had enjoyed back in August. It was still delicious, and remains a top pick of mine in the city.  We also finished off season 2 of Dexter (my opinion - fantastic, but still not as a good as the first season).  Unfortunately, season 3 is NOT available on Netflix instant watch, so I'm going to have to physically have the DVD's sent to me. Boo.

On Saturday, we went to the OSU Alumni Club of Pittsburgh's game watch party.  Picture this: an Irish pub on the Southside of Pittsburgh filled with excited, scarlet-and-gray-wearing Buckeyes - Amazing!  The food there was also great, though I did get made fun of when I tried to order a gyro, and pronounced it the correct way (hyear-o).  The bartender's response, "I think you mean JAI - ROE.  You're in Pittsburgh, not Ohio."

Lesson #1 for the weekend: Ohio State pride is ubiquitous.

Lesson #2 for the weekend: I need some kind of translation guide for this city.

I also have to update you all on The Social Network, which Andrew and I saw last weekend - but no time for that now, as  I have to jet to acapella practice.

Until later!
Britt

2 comments:

  1. Oh Pittsburgh... Just pronounce things correctly!

    And I need an update on The Social Network! It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acapella Practice???? Details please:)

    ReplyDelete