Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's a good thing I'm in medical school now...

....because a 6-hour long MCAT surely would have done me in.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/a-better-medical-school-admissions-test/

My opinion?  Medical schools should DEFINITELY consider an applicant's perspective on ethics and society when making their admissions decisions.  However, those qualities seem difficult to elucidate in a standardized exam format.  I vouch, instead, for the inclusion of ethics-based questions on written applications and interviews (a large majority of the schools that I apply to already did this, so including it on the MCAT also seems a bit redundant).  And really, medical school admissions universe, don't you put pre-med kids through enough already?

No comments:

Post a Comment